Information and Consultation
Our information and consultation services provide support for project developers. Our experts can guide them in the process of providing information and consultation services to owners, the general public, interest groups, governmental bodies and municipalities, monitoring committees, advocacy organizations, etc. These activities may include meetings, open house events, presentations, etc.
Groupe Conseil UDA is also able to assist the developer’s communications team to implement communication strategies such as newspaper ads, booths, open house days, mass mailings, informative documents, etc. This helps the general population and interest groups understand the project and its benefits as well as the mitigation measures that will be implemented to protect the environment.
- Development of communications tools (map, presentation, real-time geomatics visualization tool, etc.)
- Public consultations
- Project presentations
- Technical experts
- Advisory service and support for communications services
Information and ConsultationSaint-Laurent Pipeline
The Saint-Laurent Pipeline project involved building a 242-km pipeline between Lévis and Boucherville in order to connect the Jean-Gaulin Refinery and the Montreal East Valero Energy terminal. The pipeline crosses 4 administrative regions, 32 municipalities, 10 MRCs or equivalent territories, and 5 of the UPA’s regional federations. Services provided by Groupe Conseil UDA allowed citizens and interest groups to better understand the project and its benefits. Groupe Conseil UDA’s experts took part in open house events that included information booths presenting the project in a clear and accessible way. During these sessions, experts were able to explain the anticipated construction methods in detail as well as outline the potential impacts and mitigation and compensation measures.
- Drafted newspaper ads
- Created various information tools
- Mailed information
- Took part in open house events
- Produced informational documents
Information and ConsultationEnergy East Pipeline
The Energy East Pipeline was to be the largest pipeline in Canada, with a 4,600-km pipeline connecting Alberta to New Brunswick. In Quebec, the project included a 650-km pipeline, 10 pump stations, 2 delivery stations, 107 block valves, permanent access roads, as well as temporary installations and infrastructures. Groupe Conseil UDA’s advisory and informational services allowed citizens and interest groups to understand the benefits of the project, thereby increasing its social acceptability.
- To landowners
- To the general public
- To interest groups
- To various governmental bodies
- To a monitoring committee
- To organizations and coalitions
- Newspaper ads
- Open house events
- Direct mailings
- Informational documents
Information and ConsultationGazoduq Project
The Gazoduq project aimed to build a new 780-km pipeline to transport natural gas between the TC Énergie network in Ontario and GNL Québec’s future liquified natural gas complex in Saguenay. Group Conseil UDA was hired to act as the project’s main environmental advisor. The main challenge was the project’s social acceptability. To this end, the Gazoduq team implemented an information and massive consultation campaign from the get-go adapted to various stakeholders. Groupe Conseil UDA took part in various sessions as an environmental expert.
- Created and reviewed various information tools (maps, didactic sheets, etc.)
- Developed a dynamic, real-time map visualization tool
- Took part in various consultation activities with municipalities, MRC, environmental groups and organizations, First Nations communities, and the general public
- Took part in numerous meetings with regulatory authorities
Information and ConsultationFerme Landrynoise
La Ferme Landrynoise is a family-run dairy farm that has played an important role in the community in Saint-Albert since its foundation in 1964. The company wanted to increase the number of its cattle to boost its dairy production. This investment would be used to ensure the growth and sustainability of the farm. The project would also enable the farm to pursue its growth while remaining a competitive leader in the Canadian dairy market. It is highly recommended that any architect of a project submitted to evaluation procedures and environmental impact assessments carries out information and consultation activities with the community. Groupe Conseil UDA supported the farm to organize, prepare, and carry out an information session.
- Prepared tools (presentation and maps) presenting the project
- Prepared a questionnaire for participants to collect their comments and concerns
- Drafted an invitation letter for the information session which was published in a local newspaper
- Hosted the information session